Saturday 27 July 2013

Experimenting with Blending in Photoshop


                          

After seeing a 'how to' video on blending images in Photoshop which was shared by +joe k, I got quite excited and couldn't believe I'd never tried this before!

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_3H1iXD_Y

So, as you guessed, I had to try it for myself! Here is the outcome with two of my own images which were traditionally drawn/ watercolor, manipulated in Photoshop, and then merged with this really handy technique :)





Original watercolour painting drawn
with masking tape




Original mixed media butterfly



Final Image




I think this technique has worked well as the blending is very subtle yet the images are still bold and strong in colour. The hue of the leaf was changed in order to match the colour scheme used for the butterfly image. 

Overall: success. This technique will be used in future for sure!




You can now LIKE my new page on FACEBOOK :) https://www.facebook.com/CarlaTaylorIllustration

No comments:

Post a Comment